“I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies, and whoever lives and believes in me will never die”. (John 11:25-26) Because death is such an important and sensitive time in our lives, we have set up guidelines below to assist families through the funeral preparation process.
Immediately notify the church via:
a) Website: https://www.baptistgrovechurch.org/member-resources/funeral-procedures;
b) Call the church office at (919) 787-4528; or
c) Call our Crisis Care Line at 919.592.9621.
- The Front Office will contact you once your information has been received and a Deacon will be assigned to sit down and follow up with the family.
FUNERAL SERVICES AT BAPTIST GROVE CHURCH
Funeral services are designed to meet the needs of the family and every attempt is made to accommodate the family's requests. The Front Office, Worship Ministry, Deacons and Pastor will speak with the family regarding the list of items below. Please do not finalize your service date and time without initially speaking with the Front Office at Baptist Grove. This will allow the Front Office to check the availability of the Pastor and Church.
ORDER OF WORSHIP
This is the approved Order of Worship (OOW) that will be used during the funeral service at Baptist Grove Church; please provide this information to the program maker so that they can stay in compliance with the policy of Baptist Grove Church. Please consider/fill in as many items as possible.
The Processional of Clergy & Family
The Prayer of Comfort
The Scripture (OT & NT) (Please specify or a member of our Deacon Board or Ministerial Staff will choose)
Resolutions/Acknowledgements/Remarks – (No more than three (3) people, 2 minutes each)
Obituary Reading (Silent reading only)
Burial/Cemetery – Instructions
- Please communicate any special needs for service:
- Special guests, clergy or speakers
- Easel for pictures
- Reserved parking
- Special sound request - Playing of CD or DVD
- Special Ceremonies (such as Sororities/Fraternities, Masonic, Eastern Star, etc.)
- Reserved seating (sororities, fraternity, ministries, church, those with disabilities etc.)
- Soloists/Guest Musicians
- Repast (If Baptist Grove will cater the Repast please provide a headcount immediately)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
REPORT A DEATH